Thursday, January 08, 2009

New dawn breaking...?

We are on the brink of an outstanding scientific breakthrough.

For the last two mornings, that's 2, count 'em, one for each weary parent, Tricky has slept in until 8.00am. The first morning i woke like a good little Pavlov's dog at 6.30am and wondered why everything was so quiet. On the second morning I slept till 7.30 and still managed to leap up, make the tea, eat my cereal, check the emails and make the bed before Tricky had even stirred.

It could be...I don't know, the sleep-in fairy, but I think more likely it's the portable fan we've had whirring away in our bedroom for the last two stinking hot nights.

Tonight the temperature's dropped but the fan's going on regardless...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bleary eyed mother here crossing her fingers very hard that the Sleep-in fairy has blessed you forever. And that she is on her way here...

My word verification is Welly po. Lovely!

Betty F said...

OH Isn't that wonderful! I'll keep my fingers crossed that this lasts!

Em said...

Oh my! The sleep-in fairy rocks. Think you might send her our way?

But seriously, do you think the white noise for the fan is helping or is it the change in air temperature? I'm taking notes.

Mima said...

Sorry not to have been around for so long, real life has been kind of getting in the way of being on here, added to which my cousins (almost all of who are in their twenties) encouraged me to join Facebook as they are all on their, and I do love seeing what they are all up to, so I have been checking that everyday!

Glad to hear that things are going well with Tricky, fingers crossed about the sleeping in, that would be so wonderful for you all!

The summer pudding sounds wonderful, as does New Year's Eve, and the drunken explanation. I'm amazed that you were able to remember it well enough to replicate it for your family - I can never remember things like that however much I would like to. It has reminded me though about a pudding that my Mum made that I want the recipe for - I will have to bug her tonight!!

Kimberly said...

I love that someone else is reliant on some sort of outside force that is helping Tricky sleep...I, too, have been known to dress my son in the same pjs from the night before if he slept through the night wearing them, all the while thinking, "It MUST be the PJs!"

Kimberly

Betty M said...

Congratulations! I wish you endless late mornings.

Anonymous said...

We have a humidifier that we now keep on even when the atmosphere isn't too dry... thank goodness for white noise!!

granny p said...

V I'm so glad....I bet that fan helps.. xx